22 January, 2018
We will be in our 6th year this summer, its hard to believe how fast time has flown! Here's a quick look at what we've got going on in preparation for 2018!
* Applications to play are now closed, with over 200 bands applying we have once again been spoilt for choice! Lineup announcements will start rolling out soon!
* We are still accepting a few vendors, if you have an activity or stall you'd like to pitch then please get in touch with Sara at email@example.com
* Bury Sound judging begins this week! As part of our committment to the local music scene, and of course our pleasure being involved in it, we are once again helping to judge this amazing contest - now in its 20th year! Two festival slots will be given to the Overall Winner and the Rising Star... we really look forward to seeing how it all unfolds.
* We are working closely with St. Nicholas Hospice this year as our charity partner, and working behind the scenes to create a few really beautiful, chilled out areas on site for them. They will be setting up a massive Charity Shop on site for us this year, and also providing quiet relaxed areas staffed by volunteers and filled with books, games, sofas, and general coziness. :)
* Our main sponsors - Denny Brothers, The Hunter Club, Aspall, and Coastline Graphics are all busy behind the scenes too. Denny Brothers will be bringing a wonderful Art Village to the festival this year, and Coastline will be rolling out some really beautiful new design work for us soon too!
* We have changed our ticket pricing again this year, in our ongoing effort to make things as affordable and simple as possible. Our day tickets are now just £10 each, and can be used on any of the three days. For other details please click on the TICKETS link up in the menu! We work really hard to collect, make, purchase, and build more and more of our own infrastructure each year in an effort to keep everything affordable and accessible. You should SEE the stage!!!
* Oh yes, the stage. Glen and a merry team of welders have been busy this winter building our own massive Homegrown Main Stage out in the fields! We will put photos and videos up of some of the progress, we think you're going to absolutely LOVE what we're doing!
* With the massive success of our Homegrown Showcase gig in the autumn at The Hunter Club, and the successful Young Ones showcase night at Suffolk Academy, we will be having a few more gigs in the year as part of the run up to Homegrown. Gigs get posted and promoted heavily on Facebook, so make sure you follow us over there for all the latest details!
That's it for now, quite a lot to catch up on! Back to work for us... and we will see you soon! Remember you can get your tickets now by following the link in the menu.